By Sinalauli'i Fifta
The Engineering Maintenance unit, with the two new entries in Fiji nationals Mitieli Lotawa and Diana Buke, have been on hand effectively attending to maintenance needs at best in these two quarters. In continuing to observe Safety as the high priority for all our aircraft equipment, on the Technical side, an engine change on the SAAB 340 was successfully made on 09thto 13thAugust. A Six Month validity Airworthiness Certificate (C of A) for the Y12 was also received. On the Human side, the unit has supported to continue equipping local engineers with progressive training to aid them in achieving various aviation recognitions. Listed below are platforms of progress.
· ‘Uluaki Taumalolo attended a B737MAX Maintenance Differences Training course in NADI Fiji from 14th -29th June 2018
· ‘Uluaki Taumalolo and Paula Tu’ifua attended the B777 course held in Auckland NZ from 06th-17thAugust 2018.
· Misinale Aonga attended the Boroscope Equipment course held on the 23rd August 2018 in Auckland NZ
· ‘Uluaki Taumalolo has now got his SAAB license SF340 & CT7
· Sean Uhi, Sesita Manu, Frank Tu’I’onetoa and Fe’iloaki Loumoli all have successfully passed
their ASL exams in early August.
· The Contract for Ground Handling for B737 MAX additional fleet for Fiji Airways in TBU was signed last week Friday 21stSeptember 2018.
Congratulations Sake and the team.